Our new home will;
• HOUSE a redesigned 3-tiered auditorium with increased seating capacity (maximum 1,354), improved sightlines, acoustics and comfort.
• STAGE a diverse programme that will continue to bring the highest quality in touring shows from across the UK and overseas, balancing popular work and classics against creative risk taking and Cornish generated projects. Contemporary and classical music will be developed, as will opera and dance.
• REVEAL the heritage story of the building through a Heritage Lottery Fund project that will conserve, restore and promote the building’s story and importance within Truro and Cornwall.
• REINSTATE Boscawen Street entrance as the front entrance/foyer to the new theatre as well as the City Chamber.
• CREATE new bars and cafés on both sides of the building.
• IMPROVE wheelchair access and a choice of accessible seating and a Space to Change facility with a ceiling track hoist and adjustable adult-size changing bench, one of the few businesses in Cornwall to offer this much needed facility.
• LAUNCH an European Regional Development Fund & Local Enterprise Partnership funded Creative business hub in the Back Quay area of the building providing 1,156m of office, meeting and breakout spaces for HFC staff teams, resident companies, post-graduates and other creative industries.
• BUILD a public 'Ope' which will run through the building allowing public access between the new entrance foyer and Lemon Quay and offering behind the scenes glimpses into the daytime workings of an auditorium.