BUILDING FOR THE FUTURE
Since we first opened our doors, Hall For Cornwall has served our community. A trusted, beating heart at the centre of Truro with a long-standing history of local pride.
We want to build a new type of theatre that will drive prosperity for the county and that is open to all - warmy welcoming people as they are - breaking smiles, bringing tears or raising pulses.
The key benefits of our redevelopment will include;
- Redesign of a new three tiered auditorium with improved sightlines, acoustics and the ability to create a more intimate atmosphere.
- Increased seating capacity bringing higher quality shows premiered in Cornwall for the first time.
- Improved audience welcome and satisfaction through better cafes & bars, more comfortable auditorium, improved orientation.
- Improved access facilities including backstage and a Space to Change facility.
- Securing the building's long-term future through increased resilience with a business model allowing us to reinvest in young people programming, maintenance, training and development.
- Supporting schools and young people through our community, learning and talent programmes providing opportunities for every young person in Cornwall to feel the benefits of live performance.
- Nurturing the region's creative talent to innovate, grow and share their work with new audiences - taking Cornwall's creativity out into the world.
- A new commitment to supporting the organisation's Resident Companies and creating a generation of new practitioners and artists using the new building.
- Conserve, restore and promote the building’s heritage & ability to tell its own story.
- Improved visitor, tourism & heritage destination to support the local economy and social economic regeneration of Truro.
- Add to Cornwall's economic resilience, creating a significant number of new jobs on reopening.
- Improve operational and sustainable efficiencies with improved environmental impact.