Welcome Team Assistants
Full time; 37.5 hours a week. £17,375 pa
Working shifts as required across the week, including evening and weekends
We are looking for two experienced and enthusiastic Welcome Team Assistants to help us create a welcoming buzz in our lovely new theatre bar. Are you someone who is excellent with people - who can be flexible and reliable? Do you have a relaxed and easy manner with customers, and can you ensure a slick and efficient bar service so that queues are kept short? If so, this is an excellent opportunity to be part of a special new offer in the heart of Truro.
What you’ll be doing
- Helping manage the service of busy incoming audiences of up to 1,300 people, serving drinks from our bar
- Have a good knowledge of our stage programme and upsell products, promotions, special offers, merchandise, ice creams, programmes and tickets
- Delivering exceptional standards of customer service and cleanliness across all service areas
- Ensuring all guests’ requests and enquiries are handled well and resolved quickly – escalating to a supervisor if required
Who we’re looking for
- Experience in a similar bar, hospitality, or customer service role
- A pro-active attitude to problem solving, with a good eye for detail
- A clear communicator - with effective listening and interpersonal skills
- Experience of using EPOS till system
- Any qualifications/training in barista/food hygiene/WSET would be ideal
What it’s like to work here
We’ve reopened a theatre in Truro, Cornwall’s capital city. Full of intriguing spaces and steeped in history, our new building will enchant and inspire 300,000 people a year.
As a team, we’re all in! We’re inclusive and open, kind and welcoming, meeting people as they are and responding to their needs and interests. We’re enthusiastic, committed and constantly encouraging people to feel the power of performance in their lives. Whether watching or taking part, we know what performance can do and we want to help every person in Cornwall feel it too. We’re proud of our audience and how we programme the work they crave at a quality they deserve. We’re restlessly curious about the world around us and the ways we can draw on that to make what we do even better. We’re drawing on modern tools and technology as well as our deep-rooted heritage to make our new home the very best it can be.
For more information: Read this Role Profile
No agencies please