Out of copyright (Photo courtesy of Pip Hayler Photography)
Record Number: HFC:2019:74
A pair of leg irons from c. 1840 - 1850. These were used in the jail at City Hall to keep those who had been apprehended secure in the jailyard, cells or even in the court above the jail at City Hall. After 1850, the jail and police station were considered too small and in 1857 were subsequently moved to a site on St Clement's Hill.
Object Dimensions: X
Object Type: digital image
Method – original Date – c.1840-1857