A New Kind of Space, For a New Kind of World
Since June 2018, we've embarked on the biggest transformation in our history.
Since we first opened our doors in 1997, we’ve worked hard to serve and support our community. We’re proud of the audience we’ve grown, the connections we’ve built, the talent we’ve developed and the scope of work we’ve created and brought into Cornwall – for everyone to enjoy.
• Helped 100,000 young people discover the self belief and confidence they need to flourish.
• Fed £16 million a year into Cornwall’s creative economy.
• Welcomed 2 million people to 3,700 performances.
• Given more than 10,000 visitors the chance to experience theatre for the first time.
• Created a high quality, varied programme for one of the most socio-economically diverse audiences in the country.
But we want to do so much more.
In June 2018 we closed the doors of our building and opened a new door in our story. We’re undertaking a radical transformation to create a space that matches our ambition.
Our current transformation will reawaken the beauty and history of City Hall, opening Hall For Cornwall up to the people, ideas and potential that make this corner of Britain so exciting.
Looking ahead & reaching further
We want to welcome over 300,000 people a year through our doors and give 50,000 young people the chance to shine on stage and off over the next five years. We want to bring ideas to Cornwall and take Cornish ideas out to the world. And we want to build a venue that warmly welcomes people, meeting them as they are and giving them a memorable experience every time they come here.
Through all this, we’ll show the power performance has to bring out the best in all of us – whether it’s a great night out, a confidence boost or an unexpected perspective that starts a new journey. And now more than ever, we all need a space to dream big again.